Fire Prevention and Safety
EDITH (Exit Drill In The Home)
Emergency Drills In the Home (E.D.I.T.H.) prepares families to survive fire with smart strategies on how to get out fast. Fully revised and updated, E.D.I.T.H. brochures have dynamic color photos and streamlined designs, plus a Web address that extends learning online. EDITH prepares residents to plan for safe escape, so they’re ready to act when there’s no time to lose.
E.D.I.T.H. presentations include:
- How to create and practice a home fire escape plan
- How to be prepared for fire emergencies
- The importance of installing and maintaining smoke alarms
- Valuable escape tips, including special advice for residents of multi-story buildings
A Web address provides access to information-rich content for all ages:
- Link to the full Sparky® Says: Get to know EDITH video, and other video clips for youngsters and families
- Downloadable escape grid and escape fact sheet
- “Escape for persons with disabilities” fact sheet
- Sign-ups for the Free NFPA® Safety Source e-newsletter
- Sparky FAQs, games, and activities for kids
- Sparky e-cards, and more!
Learning about E.D.I.T.H. will involve the whole family with smart ways to exit their home when faced with an emergency.