Want to Become a Member of the Rochester Fire Protection District?
Thank you for your interest in the Rochester Fire Protection District! We are always looking for new members. No firefighting or EMS experience is required. Below are a few requirements of joining and being a member at RFPD:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must live within the Rochester Fire Protection District or directly adjacent to the district.
- Must begin an EMT-Basic course within the first year of membership. District will reimburse member upon the successful completion of the national licensure exam.
- Must attend 50% of the Monday evening trainings.
- Must attend 20% of calls for service. The district is averaging approximately 600 calls annually.
If you have any questions concerning membership, you may email Deputy Chief Polley (firstname.lastname@example.org), call the firehouse at 217-498-7121, or stop by any Monday evening. Apparatus checks begin at 6:30 PM and training begins at 7 PM.